Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- by Brittany Day
Cloud technology and Linux-based cloud services are becoming increasingly popular due to the various benefits they offer in regard to security, efficiency, flexibility and convenience.
Cloud use offers enterprises a wide array of benefits ranging from higher levels of security to increased convenience. Cloud computing is an IT model that offers open access to shared resources and services that can be easily managed over the Internet. As opposed to relying on a direct connection to a server, an increasingly large number of businesses are choosing to utilize cloud technology because of the various advantages associated with this paradigm.
In a survey of 1,000 IT executives conducted by the Uptime Institute, 50 percent of enterprise executives said that they expect the majority of IT workloads to shift to off-premise cloud sites in the future. Linux has played a critical role in the increasingly popular movement of services to the cloud. A myriad of cloud services including Apache CloudStack, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform run on Linux. As a result, Linux server application deployments have risen significantly.
Guardian Digital has chosen to use Linux-based cloud services to provide customers with cloud-based comprehensive email security that protects against the latest and most sophisticated email-related threats. The company feels that cloud-based solutions offer inherent advantages in terms of security, efficiency, flexibility and convenience.
Top 4 Advantages of Cloud Technology and Cloud-based Solutions According to Guardian Digital:
- Security: In the cloud computing model, information is offloaded onto highly secure cloud servers. This minimizes the risk of data loss and interruptions in the case of an outage. Cloud-delivered security solutions are capable of using vast amounts of data in real time to provide adaptive protection against the latest threats.
- Efficiency: Cloud services are extremely efficient. They require minimal initial investment and have relatively low operating costs. This results in lower overall costs than on-premise alternatives.
- Flexibility: Cloud technology offers flexible capacity that can be adjusted quickly and easily. The flexible capacity of Cloud services allows for flexible costs. Cloud security solutions can also handle very large amounts of data that could quickly overwhelm on-premise solutions.
- Convenience: Cloud-based solutions are easy to manage and highly convenient for enterprises looking to prioritize other aspects of business. With Cloud technology, employees are able to work remotely without compromising security, thus minimizing risk and maximizing productivity for organizations.
According to Forbes, cloud computing is projected to grow from $67 billion in 2015 to $162 billion in 2020. This trajectory reflects the value that cloud technology is providing to companies. Cloud services can benefit all businesses, and enterprises should invest in cloud-based solutions to effectively secure their email accounts from today’s complex email-related threats.
- Effectively Securing Business Email Accounts: Are Employees the Weakest Link?
- Encryption: An Essential Yet Highly Controversial Component of Digital Security
- Business Email Security Redefined: Key Benefits of Securing Your Business Email with Guardian Digital
- 8 Business Email Security Best Practices
- Demystifying Email Encryption: Stop Sender Fraud
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- Demystifying Tax Fraud: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Deceptive, Costly Scams This Tax Season
- Coronavirus Phishing Scams are On the Rise - Is Your Business Email at Risk of Infection?
- Dave Wreski: Founder of Guardian Digital – Open Source Cloud Email Security
- New Ransomware Warnings: Is Your Business Safe from This Silent Threat?
- FBI: Existing Cloud Email Protection Inadequate Against Phishing, Ransomware
- Email Risk is Universal: Securing Business Email in Every Industry Sector
- How To Safely Navigate Office 365 While Working Remotely
- Tips and Advice for Staying Safe Online During COVID-19
- Why Your Business Needs Better Email Security
- Defending Against COVID Email Spoofing Attacks with DMARC
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Tell If It’s Fraud
- Open-Source Security Is Opening Eyes
- Think Like A Criminal: How To Write A Phishing Email
- The Four Biggest Email Threats Your Business Faces Today
- Everything On DocuSign Phishing Attacks in 3 Minutes
- Understanding Payload-Less Email Attacks in Under 3 Minutes
- Demystifying Fileless Malware in Less than 3 Minutes
- How to Protect Sensitive Data & Maintain Client Trust in Financial Services Industry
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Apache SpamAssassin Leads A Growing List of Open-Source Projects Taking Steps to Correct Instances of Racism and White Privilege
- Cyber Risk Is Greater than Ever in the Legal Industry
- Understanding Malicious URL Protection - And Why You Need It to Secure Your Email
- Email Security for SMBs Beyond COVID-19
- Email Risk Is BIG for SMBs - How To Protect Your Business Now
- Email Threats By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- The Modern Email Threat Landscape: Where Traditional Defenses Fall Short
- Why Email Security Is More Important Than Ever in This 'New Reality'
- The Threat of CEO Fraud Extends Beyond the C-Suite
- Top Email Security Trends Putting Your Business at Risk of Attack
- Think Like A Criminal: What You Need to Know About Social Engineering Attacks in 2020
- Managed Services: A Key Element of Effective Email Security that Even Modern Solutions Lack
- How To Secure Your Remote Workforce: Advice from Leading Security Experts
- FBI: The 2020 Presidential Election Is Under Attack by Email Scammers
- AT&T Security Researchers Identify a Correlation between Strong Cybersecurity and Business Success
- Your Current Approach to Email Security May Not Be Enough
- Ways to Prevent Email Account being compromised in a Breach
- Celebrating 20 Years of Revolutionizing Digital Security
- IBM Closes its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hat
- Interview with Security Expert and Author Ira Winkler
- What is Phishing Email? How to prevent Phishing email scams?
- Ways Our Business Email Exceed Your Expectations
- Spear Phishing Protection - Definition & How To Recognize Spear Phishing Email
- What is Whaling (Whaling Phishing)? & How to Prevent Whaling attacks?
- Ransomware Attack Explained - Best Practices For Ransomware Protection
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) - Definition & Prevention From BEC Attacks
- Wire Transfer Scams Involving Real Estate Transactions: How to Prevent Fraud with Effective Email Security
- Guardian Digital and Mautic: A Dynamic Open-Source Duo
- Email Malware - How to Recognize & Prevent Malware Email Attack
- An Open-Source Success Story: Apache SpamAssassin Celebrates 18 Years of Effectively Combating Spam Email
- What is Spam Email - Types & How to Prevent Spam Emails?
- Email Virus - Complete Guide to Email Viruses Plus Best Practices
- What Is A Zero-Day Attack & How To Prevent Zero Day Exploit?
- 2020: A New Decade of Digital Threats - Is Your Business Email Secure?
- Linux: An OS Capable of Effectively Meeting the US Government’s Security Needs Heading into 2020
- Email Security: Complete Guide on Email Security & Types of Email Threats
- Guardian Digital Keeps its Customers Protected from Intel Design Flaw
- Security Spotlight: Open Source Email Security Solutions
- Top Six Advantages of Open Source Development/Products
- Python and Bash - Contenders for the most used scripting language
- Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Security Highlights from Defcon 26
- Linux / Open Source FAQs: Common Myths / Misconceptions
- Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail