Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- by Brittany Day
Cloud technology and Linux-based cloud services are becoming increasingly popular due to the various benefits they offer in regard to security, efficiency, flexibility and convenience.
Cloud use offers enterprises a wide array of benefits ranging from higher levels of security to increased convenience. Cloud computing is an IT model that offers open access to shared resources and services that can be easily managed over the Internet. As opposed to relying on a direct connection to a server, an increasingly large number of businesses are choosing to utilize cloud technology because of the various advantages associated with this paradigm.
In a survey of 1,000 IT executives conducted by the Uptime Institute, 50 percent of enterprise executives said that they expect the majority of IT workloads to shift to off-premise cloud sites in the future. Linux has played a critical role in the increasingly popular movement of services to the cloud. A myriad of cloud services including Apache CloudStack, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform run on Linux. As a result, Linux server application deployments have risen significantly.
Guardian Digital has chosen to use Linux-based cloud services to provide customers with cloud-based comprehensive email security that protects against the latest and most sophisticated email-related threats. The company feels that cloud-based solutions offer inherent advantages in terms of security, efficiency, flexibility and convenience.
Top 4 Advantages of Cloud Technology and Cloud-based Solutions According to Guardian Digital:
- Security: In the cloud computing model, information is offloaded onto highly secure cloud servers. This minimizes the risk of data loss and interruptions in the case of an outage. Cloud-delivered security solutions are capable of using vast amounts of data in real time to provide adaptive protection against the latest threats.
- Efficiency: Cloud services are extremely efficient. They require minimal initial investment and have relatively low operating costs. This results in lower overall costs than on-premise alternatives.
- Flexibility: Cloud technology offers flexible capacity that can be adjusted quickly and easily. The flexible capacity of Cloud services allows for flexible costs. Cloud security solutions can also handle very large amounts of data that could quickly overwhelm on-premise solutions.
- Convenience: Cloud-based solutions are easy to manage and highly convenient for enterprises looking to prioritize other aspects of business. With Cloud technology, employees are able to work remotely without compromising security, thus minimizing risk and maximizing productivity for organizations.
According to Forbes, cloud computing is projected to grow from $67 billion in 2015 to $162 billion in 2020. This trajectory reflects the value that cloud technology is providing to companies. Cloud services can benefit all businesses, and enterprises should invest in cloud-based solutions to effectively secure their email accounts from today’s complex email-related threats.
Latest Blog Articles
- Thinking Strategically about Email Security in 2021 and Beyond
- Open Source: A Powerful, Yet Underutilized Weapon against Phishing & Zero-Day Attacks
- Buyer's Guide: What to Prioritize in an Email Security Solution
- Buyer's Guide to Office 365 & Workspace Email Security
- EnGarde Cloud Email Security: The Logical Solution to Cyber Risk in Office 365
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Top Email Security Risks in 2021 - How To Set Your Business Up for Safety & Success
- Ransomware By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- SMB Ransomware Warnings & How To Prevent an Attack
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 Release Fixes Two Potentially Aggravating Bugs
Must Read Blog Posts
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- What You Need to Know to Shield Your Business from Ransomware
- Shortcomings of Endpoint Security in Securing Business Email
- Limitations of Microsoft 365 Email Security & How To Close These Dangerous Gaps
- Complete Guide to Email Viruses & Best Practices to Avoid Infections