Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- by Brittany Day
With email-related attacks becoming increasingly prevalent and serious, effectively securing your email accounts is more important than ever before.
With the myriad of email security solutions that are currently available, selecting the best option may seem a bit overwhelming. If you are in the process of choosing a company to protect your email accounts from the latest and most serious threats, Guardian Digital hopes to make this choice a bit simpler by answering some frequently asked questions pertaining to email security and email-related attacks.
What components/characteristics should I look for when choosing an email security solution? How do these qualities make a solution effective at protecting against email-related threats?
A top-notch email security solution recognizes that the email threat landscape is anything but stagnant, and that email-related threats are constantly evolving to become more targeted and sophisticated, making them increasingly difficult to detect. An effective solution uses state-of-the-art technologies like machine learning, Big Data and heuristics techniques to identify both new and known threats. It is crucial to choose an email security provider that adheres to the latest security standards, which include implementing the highest level of encryption to protect sensitive information from unauthorized parties.
What are currently the most common and most serious email-related threats? How could these threats potentially affect my business?
Phishing, malware, ransomware, and spam email are some of today’s most serious and most prevalent email-related threats. Phishing attacks can result in significant financial damage, and can be very difficult to detect and stop. Spam is another serious threat that impacts all email users, and can result in a significant decrease in worker productivity. Malware and ransomware attacks can have catastrophic consequences for organizations. SMBs are the most popular targets for ransomware attacks and 60% shut down within 6 months of an attack. (US National Cyber Security Alliance)
What is a secure email gateway and what role does it play in securing email accounts?
A secure email gateway is essential in protecting your email accounts from today’s dangerous array of email-related attacks and preventing data loss due to leakage of sensitive information. The Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security uses multi-layered detection and encryption to filter both inbound and outbound email and to secure private information from attackers and unauthorized parties. Guardian Digital’s cloud-based solution also provides additional email filtration that results in the highly accurate identification, quarantine and elimination of spam.
What are the advantages of choosing Guardian Digital to secure my email accounts?
Guardian Digital uses a purpose-built operating system that is designed to be highly secure, unlike many companies that take a “bolted-on” approach to security. The comprehensive security that Guardian Digital provides is multi-tiered, and utilizes myriad state-of-the-art security technologies in conjunction to protect your email from even the stealthiest attacks. Guardian Digital also offers unrivaled customer support and will customize its EnGarde Cloud Email Security to meet businesses’ specific needs.
For more information on Guardian Digital and the services we offer, please visit www.guardiandigital.com
If you have additional questions related to email security or email-related threats, please reach out to us on social media!
Facebook: Guardian Digital
- Effectively Securing Business Email Accounts: Are Employees the Weakest Link?
- Encryption: An Essential Yet Highly Controversial Component of Digital Security
- Business Email Security Redefined: Key Benefits of Securing Your Business Email with Guardian Digital
- 8 Business Email Security Best Practices
- Demystifying Email Encryption: Stop Sender Fraud
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- Demystifying Tax Fraud: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Deceptive, Costly Scams This Tax Season
- Coronavirus Phishing Scams are On the Rise - Is Your Business Email at Risk of Infection?
- Dave Wreski: Founder of Guardian Digital – Open Source Cloud Email Security
- NJ DHS: Email Security for Businesses Beyond COVID-19
- New Ransomware Warnings: Is Your Business Safe from This Silent Threat?
- FBI: Existing Cloud Email Protection Inadequate Against Phishing, Ransomware
- Email Risk is Universal: Securing Business Email in Every Industry Sector
- How To Safely Navigate Office 365 While Working Remotely
- Tips and Advice for Staying Safe Online During COVID-19
- Why Your Business Needs Better Email Security
- Defending Against COVID Email Spoofing Attacks with DMARC
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Tell If It’s Fraud
- Open-Source Security Is Opening Eyes
- Think Like A Criminal: How To Write A Phishing Email
- The Four Biggest Email Threats Your Business Faces Today
- Learn About DocuSign Phishing Attacks in 3 Minutes
- Understanding Payload-Less Email Attacks in Under 3 Minutes
- Demystifying Fileless Malware in Less than 3 Minutes
- How to Protect Sensitive Data & Maintain Client Trust in Financial Services Industry
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Apache SpamAssassin Leads A Growing List of Open-Source Projects Taking Steps to Correct Instances of Racism and White Privilege
- Cyber Risk Is Greater than Ever in the Legal Industry
- Your Current Approach to Email Security May Not Be Enough
- Ways to Prevent Email Account being compromised in a Breach
- Celebrating 20 Years of Revolutionizing Digital Security
- IBM Closes its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hat
- Interview with Security Expert and Author Ira Winkler
- What is Phishing Email? How to prevent Phishing email scams?
- Ways Our Business Email Exceed Your Expectations
- Spear Phishing Protection - Definition & How To Recognize Spear Phishing Email
- What is Whaling (Whaling Phishing)? & How to Prevent Whaling attacks?
- Ransomware Attack Explained - Best Practices For Ransomware Protection
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) - Definition & Prevention From BEC Attacks
- Wire Transfer Scams Involving Real Estate Transactions: How to Prevent Fraud with Effective Email Security
- Guardian Digital and Mautic: A Dynamic Open-Source Duo
- Email Malware - How to Recognize & Prevent Malware Email Attack
- An Open-Source Success Story: Apache SpamAssassin Celebrates 18 Years of Effectively Combating Spam Email
- What is Spam Email - Types & How to Prevent Spam Emails?
- Email Virus - Complete Guide to Email Viruses Plus Best Practices
- What Is A Zero-Day Attack & How To Prevent Zero Day Exploit?
- 2020: A New Decade of Digital Threats - Is Your Business Email Secure?
- Linux: An OS Capable of Effectively Meeting the US Government’s Security Needs Heading into 2020
- Email Security: Complete Guide on Email Security & Types of Email Threats
- Guardian Digital Keeps its Customers Protected from Intel Design Flaw
- Security Spotlight: Open Source Email Security Solutions
- Top Six Advantages of Open Source Development/Products
- Python and Bash - Contenders for the most used scripting language
- Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Security Highlights from Defcon 26
- Linux / Open Source FAQs: Common Myths / Misconceptions
- Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail