Email Security for SMBs Beyond COVID-19
- by Brittany Day
Amid this COVID-19 pandemic, email risk is greater than ever - especially for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is warning that threat actors are taking advantage of the increased dependence upon cloud email that businesses have in midst of this worldwide crisis. According to DHS, cyber thieves are leveraging our heightened anxieties in today’s new digital world with “an increase in phishing attacks under the guise of themed emails containing attachments.”
Small businesses are at a significant disadvantage: they lack the resources and the staff to keep pace with these emerging threats, and email risk is heightened for these companies as a result. Financial institutions are being hit particularly hard, with half of all organizations in the industry lacking adequate IT staffing or funds to support cyber security efforts. Threat actors recognize these shortcomings, and are increasingly directing their attacks at SMBs in the financial sector. Thus, effective email security is more important than ever in this frightening pandemic - especially for these businesses.
Is It Worth the Risk?
The majority of email attacks don’t discriminate based on the size of your company, although threat actors are arguably shifting their focus to smaller victims. Statistics show that SMBs are the most popular target for ransomware, and small companies have a lot to lose in an email-borne attack. Modern threats such as phishing and ransomware carry serious consequences for their victims: significant downtime, recovery costs, legal penalties and ruined reputations, among others.
Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security: All-In-One Enterprise-Grade Email Protection for SMBs
Guardian Digital recognizes the heightened digital risk that small businesses face during this difficult time, and acknowledges that securing email accounts can be a challenge for small companies. For decades, we have been providing our clients - which range from small businesses to enterprises - with exceptional, affordable SaaS email protection from the latest email-borne threats. Our solution is centrally hosted and offers quick and easy implementation, simplified management and no upfront capital costs for businesses - freeing up valuable IT resources and delivering a rapid return on investment (ROI).
Unlike any other provider, we employ an innovative, collaborative approach to software development, which enables us to access tools and resources from a vibrant, worldwide community in a way that no other vendor can. Through this unique and beneficial approach, we are able to offer enterprise-grade protection to SMBs through our fully-integrated business email security platform: Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security.
While other email security companies promote frequent patches and updates in an effort to keep up with the rapidly evolving threat landscape, EnGarde automatically stays a step ahead of the latest threats - constantly updating in real-time as opposed to relying on patches.
At Guardian Digital, we view email security as a process, not a product. We build a relationship with each of our clients, taking ample time to learn about their key assets and specific needs. Our flexible, fully-managed solution seamlessly integrates with businesses’ existing email infrastructure and is accompanied by expert, caring around-the-clock support.
EnGarde uniquely provides your business with:
- Multi-layered Protection: Multiple security features and technologies intentionally added to an inherently secure foundation are more effective than any single piece of security software.
- Lower Cost of Ownership: Transparent source code keeps both start-up and ongoing costs down and minimizes the cost of ownership for clients.
- Rapid Return on Investment (ROI): This adaptive program offers quick and seamless implementation and easily integrates with Office 365 and G-Suite, providing critical additional protection in these vulnerable platforms.
- Community-Powered Email Vigilance: Our collaborative approach to software development gives our expert engineers access to tools and resources from far beyond our borders - resulting in superior protection for our clients.
Key features of our protection include:
- Keeps organizations of all sizes and in all industries ahead of persistent and emerging email threats
- Protects against phishing, ransomware and other email-borne exploits
- Safeguards sensitive data and prevents email fraud
- Fortifies cloud email against credential phishing and account takeovers
- Enhanced security through a modern, multi-layered design
- Seamless integration with all existing mail systems
- Complete end-to-end control of your email infrastructure
- Premium 24x7x365 customer support services
Want to learn more about safeguarding your business email in this heightened threat environment with Guardian Digital Engarde Cloud Email Security? Speak with a security expert today.
- Effectively Securing Business Email Accounts: Are Employees the Weakest Link?
- Encryption: An Essential Yet Highly Controversial Component of Digital Security
- Business Email Security Redefined: Key Benefits of Securing Your Business Email with Guardian Digital
- 8 Business Email Security Best Practices
- Demystifying Email Encryption: Stop Sender Fraud
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- Demystifying Tax Fraud: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Deceptive, Costly Scams This Tax Season
- Coronavirus Phishing Scams are On the Rise - Is Your Business Email at Risk of Infection?
- Dave Wreski: Founder of Guardian Digital – Open Source Cloud Email Security
- New Ransomware Warnings: Is Your Business Safe from This Silent Threat?
- FBI: Existing Cloud Email Protection Inadequate Against Phishing, Ransomware
- Email Risk is Universal: Securing Business Email in Every Industry Sector
- How To Safely Navigate Office 365 While Working Remotely
- Tips and Advice for Staying Safe Online During COVID-19
- Why Your Business Needs Better Email Security
- Defending Against COVID Email Spoofing Attacks with DMARC
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Tell If It’s Fraud
- Open-Source Security Is Opening Eyes
- Think Like A Criminal: How To Write A Phishing Email
- The Four Biggest Email Threats Your Business Faces Today
- Everything On DocuSign Phishing Attacks in 3 Minutes
- Understanding Payload-Less Email Attacks in Under 3 Minutes
- Demystifying Fileless Malware in Less than 3 Minutes
- How to Protect Sensitive Data & Maintain Client Trust in Financial Services Industry
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Apache SpamAssassin Leads A Growing List of Open-Source Projects Taking Steps to Correct Instances of Racism and White Privilege
- Cyber Risk Is Greater than Ever in the Legal Industry
- Understanding Malicious URL Protection - And Why You Need It to Secure Your Email
- Email Security for SMBs Beyond COVID-19
- Email Risk Is BIG for SMBs - How To Protect Your Business Now
- Email Threats By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- The Modern Email Threat Landscape: Where Traditional Defenses Fall Short
- Why Email Security Is More Important Than Ever in This 'New Reality'
- The Threat of CEO Fraud Extends Beyond the C-Suite
- Top Email Security Trends Putting Your Business at Risk of Attack
- Think Like A Criminal: What You Need to Know About Social Engineering Attacks in 2020
- Managed Services: A Key Element of Effective Email Security that Even Modern Solutions Lack
- How To Secure Your Remote Workforce: Advice from Leading Security Experts
- FBI: The 2020 Presidential Election Is Under Attack by Email Scammers
- AT&T Security Researchers Identify a Correlation between Strong Cybersecurity and Business Success
- The Aftermath of a Cyberattack Pt. 1: Phishing Recovery Basics
- It Pays to be Prepared! Ransomware Preparedness & Recovery Basics
- Breaking Down Fileless Malware: Anatomy of an Attack
- Office 365 Email Is Vulnerable to Attack Without These Critical Supplementary Defenses in Place
- Your Current Approach to Email Security May Not Be Enough
- Ways to Prevent Email Account being compromised in a Breach
- Celebrating 20 Years of Revolutionizing Digital Security
- IBM Closes its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hat
- Interview with Security Expert and Author Ira Winkler
- What is Phishing Email? How to prevent Phishing email scams?
- Ways Our Business Email Exceed Your Expectations
- Spear Phishing Protection - Definition & How To Recognize Spear Phishing Email
- What is Whaling (Whaling Phishing)? & How to Prevent Whaling attacks?
- Ransomware Attack Explained - Best Practices For Ransomware Protection
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) - Definition & Prevention From BEC Attacks
- Wire Transfer Scams Involving Real Estate Transactions: How to Prevent Fraud with Effective Email Security
- Guardian Digital and Mautic: A Dynamic Open-Source Duo
- Email Malware - How to Recognize & Prevent Malware Email Attack
- An Open-Source Success Story: Apache SpamAssassin Celebrates 18 Years of Effectively Combating Spam Email
- What is Spam Email - Types & How to Prevent Spam Emails?
- Email Virus - Complete Guide to Email Viruses Plus Best Practices
- What Is A Zero-Day Attack & How To Prevent Zero Day Exploit?
- 2020: A New Decade of Digital Threats - Is Your Business Email Secure?
- Linux: An OS Capable of Effectively Meeting the US Government’s Security Needs Heading into 2020
- Email Security: Complete Guide on Email Protection & Types of Email Threats
- Guardian Digital Keeps its Customers Protected from Intel Design Flaw
- Security Spotlight: Open Source Email Security Solutions
- Top Six Advantages of Open Source Development/Products
- Python and Bash - Contenders for the most used scripting language
- Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Security Highlights from Defcon 26
- Linux / Open Source FAQs: Common Myths / Misconceptions
- Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail