Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- by Brittany Day
Cyber threats are more sophisticated and dangerous than ever before! Are you securing your email accounts with a solution that is capable of preventing these advanced attacks?
As technology continues to become more advanced and prevalent in society, cyber attacks of every variety are a greater risk to both organizations and individuals. Cyber crime is becoming an increasingly large global business that threatens everyone. Business cyber crime increased by 63% in 2017 (Office for National Statistics). As defenses improve, cyber threats are evolving to become more sophisticated and harder to detect and stop. For instance, phishing attacks have become highly targeted and often utilize advanced social engineering technologies to appear legitimate. Targeted spear phishing emails and BEC scams can have devastating consequences for businesses. Moreover, zero-day attacks are becoming increasingly common. Because email is an extremely popular vector for various types of cyber attacks, it is crucial that businesses and individuals educate themselves on how to best protect their email accounts from attackers, and that they invest in technology that will most effectively prevent successful attacks.
Phishing attacks have become both more common and more serious than they were in the past. Phishing is the top attack vector for cyber criminals and an average of 135 million phishing attacks are attempted each day (ZDNet). Phishing attacks can have dangerous consequences. Recently, a phishing scam compromised personal health information of 1.4 million UnityPoint Health patients (Health IT Security). Preventing highly targeted and sophisticated phishing attacks requires an email security solution that exceeds the protection that standard email filters and regular spam and virus solutions provide. Guardian Digital recognizes this and has designed an advanced gateway that authenticates every email delivered using DMARC, DKIM and SPF. In addition, state-of-the-art heuristic technologies recognize malicious code and accurately identify and block highly targeted spear phishing attempts. Guardian Digital’s unrivaled secure email gateway significantly reduces the risk that a dangerous phishing attack poses to your business or personal email account.
Similar to phishing, business email compromise (often referred to as BEC) is a prevalent email-related threat that can have devastating consequences for organizations of all sizes. BEC encompasses various types of scams including CEO fraud, data theft, account compromise, attorney impersonation and the Bogus Invoice Scheme. Business email compromise continues to become both more common and costly and has generated losses of $5.3 billion worldwide (InfoSec Institute). Guardian Digital’s advanced threat protection prevents all types of BEC scams using deep scanning to identify these low-volume, highly targeted attacks that are often missed by conventional security solutions.
Malware is another cyber threat that everyone should be concerned about. It is usually delivered via a phishing email, and is designed to either gain access or cause damage to a computer or network without the victim detecting it. New malware with evolving capabilities is emerging constantly. Data indicates that in 2017 a new malware specimen emerged every 4.2 seconds on average (G DATA Security Blog). Accurately detecting and blocking malware requires advanced technologies that go beyond what many companies offer. Guardian Digital prevents harmful malware from reaching the inbox using real-time scanning of broad file types and Big Data techniques. Machine learning analyzes email content in real-time for suspicious behavior. With Guardian Digital’s secure email gateway, no obscure malware variant will be able to harm you or your business.
Companies and individuals are more likely than ever before to be impacted by a serious cyber attack. Threats of various types are evolving to become more sophisticated and complex and more difficult detect and prevent. Are you protecting your email accounts with the most effective email security solution on the market? Guardian Digital has exceptional customer support and would love to discuss a customized threat protection plan with you. Prioritize the security of your email now before it’s too late!
- Effectively Securing Business Email Accounts: Are Employees the Weakest Link?
- Encryption: An Essential Yet Highly Controversial Component of Digital Security
- Business Email Security Redefined: Key Benefits of Securing Your Business Email with Guardian Digital
- 8 Business Email Security Best Practices
- Demystifying Email Encryption: Stop Sender Fraud
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- Demystifying Tax Fraud: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Deceptive, Costly Scams This Tax Season
- Coronavirus Phishing Scams are On the Rise - Is Your Business Email at Risk of Infection?
- Dave Wreski: Founder of Guardian Digital – Open Source Cloud Email Security
- New Ransomware Warnings: Is Your Business Safe from This Silent Threat?
- FBI: Existing Cloud Email Protection Inadequate Against Phishing, Ransomware
- Email Risk is Universal: Securing Business Email in Every Industry Sector
- How To Safely Navigate Office 365 While Working Remotely
- Tips and Advice for Staying Safe Online During COVID-19
- Why Your Business Needs Better Email Security
- Defending Against COVID Email Spoofing Attacks with DMARC
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Tell If It’s Fraud
- Open-Source Security Is Opening Eyes
- Think Like A Criminal: How To Write A Phishing Email
- The Four Biggest Email Threats Your Business Faces Today
- Everything On DocuSign Phishing Attacks in 3 Minutes
- Understanding Payload-Less Email Attacks in Under 3 Minutes
- Demystifying Fileless Malware in Less than 3 Minutes
- How to Protect Sensitive Data & Maintain Client Trust in Financial Services Industry
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Apache SpamAssassin Leads A Growing List of Open-Source Projects Taking Steps to Correct Instances of Racism and White Privilege
- Cyber Risk Is Greater than Ever in the Legal Industry
- Understanding Malicious URL Protection - And Why You Need It to Secure Your Email
- Email Security for SMBs Beyond COVID-19
- Email Risk Is BIG for SMBs - How To Protect Your Business Now
- Email Threats By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- The Modern Email Threat Landscape: Where Traditional Defenses Fall Short
- Why Email Security Is More Important Than Ever in This 'New Reality'
- The Threat of CEO Fraud Extends Beyond the C-Suite
- Top Email Security Trends Putting Your Business at Risk of Attack
- Think Like A Criminal: What You Need to Know About Social Engineering Attacks in 2020
- Managed Services: A Key Element of Effective Email Security that Even Modern Solutions Lack
- How To Secure Your Remote Workforce: Advice from Leading Security Experts
- FBI: The 2020 Presidential Election Is Under Attack by Email Scammers
- AT&T Security Researchers Identify a Correlation between Strong Cybersecurity and Business Success
- Your Current Approach to Email Security May Not Be Enough
- Ways to Prevent Email Account being compromised in a Breach
- Celebrating 20 Years of Revolutionizing Digital Security
- IBM Closes its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hat
- Interview with Security Expert and Author Ira Winkler
- What is Phishing Email? How to prevent Phishing email scams?
- Ways Our Business Email Exceed Your Expectations
- Spear Phishing Protection - Definition & How To Recognize Spear Phishing Email
- What is Whaling (Whaling Phishing)? & How to Prevent Whaling attacks?
- Ransomware Attack Explained - Best Practices For Ransomware Protection
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) - Definition & Prevention From BEC Attacks
- Wire Transfer Scams Involving Real Estate Transactions: How to Prevent Fraud with Effective Email Security
- Guardian Digital and Mautic: A Dynamic Open-Source Duo
- Email Malware - How to Recognize & Prevent Malware Email Attack
- An Open-Source Success Story: Apache SpamAssassin Celebrates 18 Years of Effectively Combating Spam Email
- What is Spam Email - Types & How to Prevent Spam Emails?
- Email Virus - Complete Guide to Email Viruses Plus Best Practices
- What Is A Zero-Day Attack & How To Prevent Zero Day Exploit?
- 2020: A New Decade of Digital Threats - Is Your Business Email Secure?
- Linux: An OS Capable of Effectively Meeting the US Government’s Security Needs Heading into 2020
- Email Security: Complete Guide on Email Security & Types of Email Threats
- Guardian Digital Keeps its Customers Protected from Intel Design Flaw
- Security Spotlight: Open Source Email Security Solutions
- Top Six Advantages of Open Source Development/Products
- Python and Bash - Contenders for the most used scripting language
- Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Security Highlights from Defcon 26
- Linux / Open Source FAQs: Common Myths / Misconceptions
- Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail