Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail
- by Brittany Day
Resiliency is an important factor to consider when evaluating an email security solution, yet this characteristic often goes overlooked.
When choosing an email security solution, people often consider the technology it utilizes and how this technology is implemented to provide protection against current email-related threats. These are critical aspects to take into account, given that organizations are dependent on email for communications and email is currently the most popular attack vector for cybercriminals. An attribute that often remains unconsidered is resiliency or, in other words, how reliable and secure a solution is over time. Resiliency is a quality that is critical in determining if a solution can provide effective, uninterrupted protection against the myriad of dangerous attacks that constitute today’s email threat landscape.
A significant factor in determining the resiliency of a solution is the software it is comprised of and the operating system it runs on. For numerous reasons, Linux and open source software have a greater potential to achieve a very high level of security than alternative operating systems and proprietary software do. The open source development model offers inherent security advantages, making open source products and technologies secure by design. Because of the collaboration and transparency involved in the development of open source software, vulnerabilities and potential security issues are rapidly detected and fixed. As a result of this collaborative development and review process, Linux is inherently more secure than proprietary OS alternatives like MacOS or Microsoft Windows. The various security advantages associated with open source technology make email security solutions that run on Linux and utilize open source software both highly secure and highly resilient.
Key Features of Guardian Digital's Open-Source EnGarde Cloud Email Security:
- Highly effective protection against sophisticated new and existing email-related threats including phishing, business email compromise, malware, email spoofing and spam email
- Rapid and highly accurate identification and quarantine of malicious email
- Advanced machine learning and heuristics technology, Big Data techniques and broad file type analysis
- Customizable to fit businesses’ specific demands
- Exceptional customer support
- Comprised of entirely open-source software and operated on an inherently secure hardened version of Linux
- Cloud-based and highly convenient
For over a decade we’ve counted on Guardian Digital’s solutions for a more secure and reliable mail environment. I’m grateful for their years of great service — the staff is professional and prompt and has always had a quick resolution to our mail inquiries or any other issues.
-Sheldon Huey, Best Western International, Senior Operations Manager, Enterprise Email
Guardian Digital just recently decommissioned two mail systems that were running optimally for more than four years without being rebooted or adjusted beyond standard maintenance. These systems reliably routed hundreds of millions of emails over their lifetime. They offered a myriad of businesses highly effective protection against serious and evolving email-related threats including spear-phishing, business email compromise and ransomware. All of Guardian Digital’s mail systems run on a hardened version of Linux specifically developed to optimize the systems’ security and reliability over time. A combination of the inherent security of Linux, the expertise of Guardian Digital engineers, and a strong emphasis on quality and customer service results in systems that will reliably route mail virtually indefinitely. In the long run, the performance of these systems is truly unrivaled.
- Thinking Strategically about Email Security in 2021 and Beyond
- There’s a Lot to be Gained with Effective Email Security
- Behind the Shield: EnGarde Cloud Email Security Explained
- Open Source: A Powerful, Yet Underutilized Weapon against Phishing & Zero-Day Attacks
- Buyer's Guide: What to Prioritize in an Email Security Solution
- Effectively Securing Business Email Accounts: Are Employees the Weakest Link?
- Encryption: An Essential Yet Highly Controversial Component of Digital Security
- Business Email Security Redefined: Key Benefits of Securing Your Business Email with Guardian Digital
- 8 Business Email Security Best Practices
- Demystifying Email Encryption: Stop Sender Fraud
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- Demystifying Tax Fraud: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Deceptive, Costly Scams This Tax Season
- Coronavirus Phishing Scams are On the Rise - Is Your Business Email at Risk of Infection?
- Dave Wreski: Founder of Guardian Digital – Open Source Cloud Email Security
- New Ransomware Warnings: Is Your Business Safe from This Silent Threat?
- FBI: Existing Cloud Email Protection Inadequate Against Phishing, Ransomware
- Email Risk is Universal: Securing Business Email in Every Industry Sector
- How To Safely Navigate Office 365 While Working Remotely
- Tips and Advice for Staying Safe Online During COVID-19
- Why Your Business Needs Better Email Security
- Defending Against COVID Email Spoofing Attacks with DMARC
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Tell If It’s Fraud
- Open-Source Security Is Opening Eyes
- Think Like A Criminal: How To Write A Phishing Email
- The Four Biggest Email Threats Your Business Faces Today
- Everything On DocuSign Phishing Attacks in 3 Minutes
- Understanding Payload-Less Email Attacks in Under 3 Minutes
- Demystifying Fileless Malware in Less than 3 Minutes
- How to Protect Sensitive Data & Maintain Client Trust in Financial Services Industry
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Apache SpamAssassin Leads A Growing List of Open-Source Projects Taking Steps to Correct Instances of Racism and White Privilege
- Cyber Risk Is Greater than Ever in the Legal Industry
- Understanding Malicious URL Protection - And Why You Need It to Secure Your Email
- Email Security for SMBs Beyond COVID-19
- Email Risk Is BIG for SMBs - How To Protect Your Business Now
- Email Threats By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- The Modern Email Threat Landscape: Where Traditional Defenses Fall Short
- Why Email Security Is More Important Than Ever in This 'New Reality'
- The Threat of CEO Fraud Extends Beyond the C-Suite
- Top Email Security Trends Putting Your Business at Risk of Attack
- Think Like A Criminal: What You Need to Know About Social Engineering Attacks in 2020
- Managed Services: A Key Element of Effective Email Security that Even Modern Solutions Lack
- How to maintain security when employees work remotely: Advice from Leading Security Experts
- FBI: The 2020 Presidential Election Is Under Attack by Email Scammers
- AT&T Security Researchers Identify a Correlation between Strong Cybersecurity and Business Success
- The Aftermath of a Cyberattack Pt. 1: Phishing Recovery Basics
- It Pays to be Prepared! Ransomware Preparedness & Recovery Basics
- Breaking Down Fileless Malware: Anatomy of an Attack
- Office 365 Email Is Vulnerable to Attack Without These Critical Supplementary Defenses in Place
- Keep the Holidays Merry & Bright - Beware of These Sneaky Seasonal Phishing Scams
- Migrating Business Email: The Hidden Complexities You Need To Know
- How Do SPF, DMARC & DKIM Secure Email Against Sender Fraud?
- Top Email Security Risks Heading into 2021 - How To Set Your Business Up for Safety & Success
- Your Current Approach to Email Security May Not Be Enough
- Ways to Prevent Email Account being compromised in a Breach
- Celebrating 20 Years of Revolutionizing Digital Security
- IBM Closes its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hat
- Interview with Security Expert and Author Ira Winkler
- What is Phishing Email? How to prevent Phishing email scams?
- Ways Our Business Email Exceed Your Expectations
- Spear Phishing Protection - Definition & How To Recognize Spear Phishing Email
- What is Whaling (Whaling Phishing)? & How to Prevent Whaling attacks?
- Ransomware Attack Explained - Best Practices For Ransomware Protection
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) - Definition & Prevention From BEC Attacks
- Wire Transfer Scams Involving Real Estate Transactions: How to Prevent Fraud with Effective Email Security
- Guardian Digital and Mautic: A Dynamic Open-Source Duo
- Email Malware - How to Recognize & Prevent Malware Email Attack
- An Open-Source Success Story: Apache SpamAssassin Celebrates 18 Years of Effectively Combating Spam Email
- What is Spam Email - Types & How to Prevent Spam Emails?
- 2020: A New Decade of Digital Threats - Is Your Business Email Secure?
- Linux: An OS Capable of Effectively Meeting the US Government’s Security Needs Heading into 2020
- Complete Guide on Email Security & Threats Faced by Organizations
- Email Virus - Complete Guide to Email Viruses Plus Best Practices
- What Are Zero-Day Attacks & How Can I Prevent Them?
- Guardian Digital Keeps its Customers Protected from Intel Design Flaw
- Security Spotlight: Open Source Email Security Solutions
- Top Six Advantages of Open Source Development/Products
- Python and Bash - Contenders for the most used scripting language
- Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Security Highlights from Defcon 26
- Linux / Open Source FAQs: Common Myths / Misconceptions
- Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail