Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- by Brittany Day
Russian cyber criminals were able to hack the DNC despite its security defenses and very high level of intelligence. Small and medium sized businesses are at a much greater risk of experiencing an email-related attack. Is your company prepared?
With today’s complex and evolving cyber threat landscape, all businesses should prioritize investing in advanced, comprehensive email threat protection. The hacking that occurred during the 2016 election is a clear example of just how stealthy and dangerous spear phishing attacks can be. Twelve Russian hackers have recently been indicted for spear phishing members of Hillary Clinton’s campaign two years ago, bringing this attack back into the spotlight of the media. By tricking employees and volunteers into clicking on emails from fraudulent accounts, these criminals were able to steal usernames and passwords and eventually break into the networks of the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic National Campaign Committee.
The hacking of the of the 2016 election is a large-scale, high-profile example of the harm that a spear phishing email can cause; however, spear phishing campaigns are extremely prevalent and can have disastrous implications for SMBs. The fact that Russian cyber criminals were able to hack the Democratic National Committee despite its high level of intelligence and security defenses implies that smaller, less prepared organizations are at an even greater risk of being hit by a cyber attack. Furthermore, SMB’s often believe that they have nothing of value to an attacker, which is an extremely misguided perception. Small businesses are the most favored targets for ransomware attacks and 60 percent shut down within six months of a breach (US National Cyber Security Alliance).
Spear phishing is also a major threat that SMBs face. Fifty-nine percent of all spear phishing attacks are aimed at small and medium sized businesses. Last year, spear phishing made headlines when Russian hackers targeted the US energy and nuclear sector with emails disguised as DOCX files. Spear phishing is currently one of the most popular methods of cyber attack and is very difficult to detect because the fraudulent emails used in these attacks are highly targeted and carefully written to appear legitimate. Spear phishing emails often contain either a malicious attachment or a URL which links to malicious code. It is crucial for SMBs to recognize the threat that spear phishing and other cyber attacks pose and to invest in a comprehensive security solution that prevents the latest, most advanced threats.
Email isn’t very safe, very private, or very convenient.
- David Koff
Effective Protection Against the Most Dangerous Email-related Threats
Guardian Digital offers SMBs the most complete and effective protection against all of today’s email-related threats. Guardian Digital’s open source secure email gateway identifies and blocks both known and new attacks, quarantining spear phishing emails in the cloud and preventing them from reaching the inbox. Advanced heuristic capabilities recognize spear phishing attacks that involve even the most obscure malware. Guardian Digital knows that every business is different and has unique needs, and the company is happy to work with organizations’ IT staff to identify the people most at risk of being targeted in a spear phishing attack. This enables the development of individualized solutions that provide the highest level of protection for every business.
Unparalleled Customer Support
Guardian Digital offers exceptional customer support that provides SMBs with convenient, one-on-one assistance in creating the best overall security solution aimed at keeping companies up and running, thus maximizing profits. As made apparent in recent news, cyber threats are complex, dangerous and very difficult to identify and stop. Guardian Digital’s proactive, all-inclusive email protection suite provides SMBs with the best defense against the ubiquitous dangers that exist in today’s digital world.
- Effectively Securing Business Email Accounts: Are Employees the Weakest Link?
- Encryption: An Essential Yet Highly Controversial Component of Digital Security
- Business Email Security Redefined: Key Benefits of Securing Your Business Email with Guardian Digital
- 8 Business Email Security Best Practices
- Demystifying Email Encryption: Stop Sender Fraud
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- Demystifying Tax Fraud: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Deceptive, Costly Scams This Tax Season
- Coronavirus Phishing Scams are On the Rise - Is Your Business Email at Risk of Infection?
- Dave Wreski: Founder of Guardian Digital – Open Source Cloud Email Security
- NJ DHS: Email Security for Businesses Beyond COVID-19
- New Ransomware Warnings: Is Your Business Safe from This Silent Threat?
- FBI: Existing Cloud Email Protection Inadequate Against Phishing, Ransomware
- Email Risk is Universal: Securing Business Email in Every Industry Sector
- How To Safely Navigate Office 365 While Working Remotely
- Tips and Advice for Staying Safe Online During COVID-19
- Why Your Business Needs Better Email Security
- Defending Against COVID Email Spoofing Attacks with DMARC
- You’ve Got Mail: How To Tell If It’s Fraud
- Open-Source Security Is Opening Eyes
- Think Like A Criminal: How To Write A Phishing Email
- The Four Biggest Email Threats Your Business Faces Today
- Learn About DocuSign Phishing Attacks in 3 Minutes
- Understanding Payload-Less Email Attacks in Under 3 Minutes
- Demystifying Fileless Malware in Less than 3 Minutes
- How to Protect Sensitive Data & Maintain Client Trust in Financial Services Industry
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Apache SpamAssassin Leads A Growing List of Open-Source Projects Taking Steps to Correct Instances of Racism and White Privilege
- Cyber Risk Is Greater than Ever in the Legal Industry
- Your Current Approach to Email Security May Not Be Enough
- Ways to Prevent Email Account being compromised in a Breach
- Celebrating 20 Years of Revolutionizing Digital Security
- IBM Closes its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hat
- Interview with Security Expert and Author Ira Winkler
- What is Phishing Email? How to prevent Phishing email scams?
- Ways Our Business Email Exceed Your Expectations
- Spear Phishing Protection - Definition & How To Recognize Spear Phishing Email
- What is Whaling (Whaling Phishing)? & How to Prevent Whaling attacks?
- Ransomware Attack Explained - Best Practices For Ransomware Protection
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) - Definition & Prevention From BEC Attacks
- Wire Transfer Scams Involving Real Estate Transactions: How to Prevent Fraud with Effective Email Security
- Guardian Digital and Mautic: A Dynamic Open-Source Duo
- Email Malware - How to Recognize & Prevent Malware Email Attack
- An Open-Source Success Story: Apache SpamAssassin Celebrates 18 Years of Effectively Combating Spam Email
- What is Spam Email - Types & How to Prevent Spam Emails?
- Email Virus - Complete Guide to Email Viruses Plus Best Practices
- What Is A Zero-Day Attack & How To Prevent Zero Day Exploit?
- 2020: A New Decade of Digital Threats - Is Your Business Email Secure?
- Linux: An OS Capable of Effectively Meeting the US Government’s Security Needs Heading into 2020
- Email Security: Complete Guide on Email Security & Types of Email Threats
- Guardian Digital Keeps its Customers Protected from Intel Design Flaw
- Security Spotlight: Open Source Email Security Solutions
- Top Six Advantages of Open Source Development/Products
- Python and Bash - Contenders for the most used scripting language
- Guardian Digital Outlines Top 4 Benefits of Choosing Cloud
- Unrivaled Protection Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Guard Your Email Accounts Against Today’s Most Dangerous Threats
- Security Highlights from Defcon 26
- Linux / Open Source FAQs: Common Myths / Misconceptions
- Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- Guardian Digital Mail Systems: Designed to be Secure Without Fail