Guardian Digital is offering an excellent career opportunity for the experienced Linux developer with visualization and scripting experience. We are looking for a self-motivated junior/mid-level front-end web developer to assist in the design and implementation of a next-generation enterprise web application. This is primarily a programming/developer position.
Guardian Digital is the open source Internet security. We provide some of the world's largest organizations with solutions to address issues with corporate email security using open source solutions.
Other key skills will include MySQL/SQL/mariadb or other technologies that can be used to store data relating to email systems.
You will be an integral part of our team. You will have as much responsibility as you can manage. You will be required to work remotely with your own equipment while still meeting deadlines and communicating with your team.
This is a part-time telework (work from home) position to start, with full-time and benefits for the most qualified.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you will:
- Collaborate on and deliver compelling user experiences
- Research user needs and requirements and identify areas where changes can make maximum impact
- Build dashboards and data models based on the Guardian Digital email security product roadmap.
- Work in a dynamic team oriented environment using agile methodologies
- Adept at hand-coding standards-compliant, semantically correct HTML
- Ability to write clean, well-structured CSS and use CSS for complex layouts
- Web services, JSON. Deep understanding of RESTful web services and the ability to consume them from the client side
- Full understanding of the DOM and experience manipulating it with both native methods and jQuery
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser issues and ability to debug CSS/HTML across browsers
- Minimum three years’ experience using scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, and Python
- Familiarity with mariadb and/or mysql, an open source object-relational database management system, and with principles and theory of database design.
- Familiarity with Apache web server configuration
- Significant experience with Linux operating system
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in CS (or related) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with data modeling, as well as creating and implementing dashboards
- Define and document application architecture, web services, data flows, and physical database designs
- Motivation and resourcefulness to drive new Linux projects and project enhancements and help ensure the integrity of all data
- Write functional requirements, technical design and specification documents
- Build new application components, create and optimize complex SQL, integrate and extend existing application frameworks, libraries and utilities.
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
Do you have experience with perl and regular expression parsing?
Do you have experience with Linux and using ssh?
Can you provide some examples of front-ends you have developed in the past?