Protection Against Advanced Persistent Email Threats, Phishing Attacks for Hospitality Chain
World’s Largest Hotel Family
- On-premise appliances were ineffective in protecting users and were not being updated quickly enough
- Lack of knowledge about email security
- Lack of time to devote to managing the security of business email accounts
- An email security solution that prioritize visibility and accessibility
- A solution that ensures that business email is not interrupted
- A highly reliable, secure and cost-effective open-source email security gateway
- Exceptional customer support
- EnGarde Email Security Gateway: control email usage and eliminate spam
- Managed Services: monitor email and network activities, troubleshoot and resolve technical incidents
- Professional Engineering Services: flexibility to customize EnGarde to specifically fit the demands of the corporation
- Quick resolution to issues or inquiries
- Increased productivity due to uninterrupted email traffic and the reduction of spam email
- Elimination of phishing and BEC attacks
Email-related Attacks: A Serious and Growing Threat to Businesses in the Hospitality Industry
Because the hospitality industry requires so much information to process customer transactions — including addresses, phone numbers, emails, credit card details, etc. -- security is a major concern in the hospitality industry. Hotels are the target of a myriad of data breaches and cyber attacks, which can have devastating consequences for these businesses. For instance, Marriott recently experienced an astronomical data breach, which compromised the personal information of 500 million guests. As a result of the high degree of risk that email-related attacks pose to businesses in the hospitality industry, effective email security is a necessity for these companies and yet most don’t employ the top email security solutions available.
The world’s largest hotel family, with over 4,100 hotels and motels worldwide and more than 1,400 corporate users, recognized the importance of investing in a top-notch email security solution early on. They were looking for an advanced email security gateway that would provide comprehensive protection against the sophisticated and evolving email threat landscape. Additionally, this prominent hospitality brand wanted a fully-managed solution with exceptional customer support, which would provide them with the convenience they needed to focus on optimally running their business without having to worry about the security of their email accounts.
Next-generation Open-source Email Security
Prior to beginning their 16-year relationship with Guardian Digital, this hospitality powerhouse was relying on Symantec to secure their email. Operations managers were extremely dissatisfied with Symantec’s solution from the beginning. The system wasn’t effective in protecting their users and keeping their business email up and running without interruption. Moreover, they needed a state-of-the art cloud-based email security gateway to replace their outdated on-premise appliances. They also required a solution that provided a greater level of visibility into its operations. For many reasons, Guardian Digital EnGarde Email Security Gateway was exactly what they had been searching for. Enterprise Email Operations Managers loved the advantages that an open-source email security solution offered compared to proprietary alternatives in terms of security, reliability, flexibility and cost-effectiveness. Managers were convinced that Guardian Digital’s unrivaled open-source email security gateway was the obvious answer to address their security concerns. Sixteen years later, the continually growing hotel chain could not be more satisfied with their decision to switch to Guardian Digital.
For over a decade we’ve counted on Guardian Digital’s solutions for a more secure and reliable mail environment. I’m grateful for their years of great service — the staff is professional and prompt and has always had a quick resolution to our mail inquiries or any other issues.
- Sheldon Huey, Best Western International, Senior Operations Manager, Enterprise Email