Dave Wreski: A Passionate Engineer Brings the Power of Open Source to Business Email Security
- by Brittany Day
Dave Wreski recognized the power of Open Source two decades ago. Already an established internet security expert and Network Architect at UPS, Dave was captivated by the power of open-source development. He was soon to discover that this model could be used as a vehicle for solving complex digital security needs. He recognized that the open-source model- where resources could be shared by a worldwide community- was the vehicle that would drive internet security into the 21st century.
A Clear Vision
His passion for open source development- and seeing its potential as a tool to fend off hackers- led to his creation of the first open source internet security company: Guardian Digital in 1999. That same year, Wreski’s desire to give back to the community led to the creation of linuxsecurity.com, where Linux users can find a comprehensive, interactive platform for the latest open source security-related information.
Since that time, Guardian Digital has narrowed its focus to email security and has become the premier open-source email security provider, counting Best Western International, Piedmont Natural Gas and the Chicago Stock Exchange among its marquee customers.
A Life-Changing Event
But Wreski’s path to this success was not without serious obstacles. At age 25, while beginning his work at UPS, he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He endured many years of chemotherapy and radiation until he received a stem-cell transplant in 2007. The recovery period was difficult and Wreski still faces health-related challenges today. But his outlook is positive and focused. “I have a great team in place and I am lucky enough to be surrounded by like-minded people who I can rely on”, he says, “I truly feel like I have been given a second chance at life - I feel better than I have in 25 years!”
A Revolution in Business Email Security
The ever-evolving email threat landscape is more dangerous and complex than ever. Effective email protection is critical to businesses’ safety and success. Under Wreski’s leadership, Guardian Digital is successfully meeting the complex email security needs of companies of all sizes with adaptive, real-time email protection. And while Wreski keeps a sharp eye on all aspects of email security, he is also keen on providing top-class customer support, ease of implementation and cost-effectiveness.
Never Settling, Always Improving
And this is only the beginning. Wreski is in the process of refining his premier email security solution, EnGarde Cloud Email Security and looks forward to forming meaningful partnerships and taking on new clients in the coming decade. He summarizes the global impact that Guardian Digital is having on business email security: "Through the use of open-source development and decades of engineering expertise, we keep businesses ahead of the latest email attacks, including phishing, business email compromise and wire fraud.”
Latest Blog Articles
- Thinking Strategically about Email Security in 2021 and Beyond
- Open Source: A Powerful, Yet Underutilized Weapon against Phishing & Zero-Day Attacks
- Buyer's Guide: What to Prioritize in an Email Security Solution
- Buyer's Guide to Office 365 & Workspace Email Security
- EnGarde Cloud Email Security: The Logical Solution to Cyber Risk in Office 365
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Top Email Security Risks in 2021 - How To Set Your Business Up for Safety & Success
- Ransomware By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- SMB Ransomware Warnings & How To Prevent an Attack
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 Release Fixes Two Potentially Aggravating Bugs
Must Read Blog Posts
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- What You Need to Know to Shield Your Business from Ransomware
- Shortcomings of Endpoint Security in Securing Business Email
- Limitations of Microsoft 365 Email Security & How To Close These Dangerous Gaps
- Complete Guide to Email Viruses & Best Practices to Avoid Infections