Email Risk Is Big for SMBs
- by Guardian Digital Admin
Amid this unprecedented ongoing global pandemic, email risk is greater than ever - especially for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Cybercriminals are readily exploiting the widespread migration to inadequately secured cloud platforms like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace to accommodate remote workers, and are targeting businesses with sophisticated spear phishing and ransomware attacks designed to steal credentials, lock up critical files and yield hefy payments for attackers.
Small businesses are at a significant disadvantage: they lack the resources and the staff to keep pace with these emerging threats, and email risk is heightened for these companies as a result. Cyber criminals recognize these shortcomings, and are increasingly directing their attacks at SMBs. Thus, prioritizing email security is more critical than ever to an organization’s safety and success - especially for small businesses.
Is it Worth the Risk?
Over 90% of modern cyberattacks begin with a phishing email, and the majority of email attacks don’t discriminate based on the size of your company - although threat actors are arguably shifting their focus to smaller victims. Statistics show that SMBs are the most popular target for ransomware, and a successful attack can result in significant downtime, hefty recovery costs, large fines and ruined reputations - repercussions that can shake any business to the core. Sixty percent of small businesses are unable to recover and go out of businesses within six months of getting hit with ransomware.
Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security: Enterprise-Grade Email Protection for SMBs
Guardian Digital recognizes the heightened risk that small businesses face, and acknowledges that securing email accounts can be a challenge for small companies. For decades, we have been providing our clients - which range from small businesses to enterprises - with exceptional, affordable protection from the latest email-borne threats.
Unlike any other provider, we employ a collaborative, transparent approach to software development, which enables us to access tools and resources from a vibrant, worldwide community in a way that no other vendor can. Through this unique and beneficial approach, we are able to offer flexible, cost-efficient and highly effective protection to SMBs and enterprises alike.
While other email security providers promote frequent patches and updates in an effort to keep up with rapidly evolving threats, our solution - EnGarde Cloud Email Security - automatically stays a step ahead of the latest threats - constantly updating in real-time as opposed to relying on patches.
At Guardian Digital, we view email security as a process, not a product. We build a relationship with each of our clients, taking ample time to learn about their key assets and specific needs. Our scalable, fully-managed solution seamlessly integrates with businesses’ existing email infrastructure and is accompanied by the expert, ongoing support required to keep your business secure and productive.
EnGarde uniquely provides your business with:
- Multi-layered Protection: Multiple security features and technologies intentionally added to an inherently secure foundation are more effective than any single piece of security software.
- Lower Cost of Ownership: Transparent source code keeps both start-up and ongoing costs down and minimizes the cost of ownership for clients.
- Rapid Return on Investment (ROI): This adaptive program offers quick and seamless implementation and easily integrates with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, providing critical additional protection in these vulnerable platforms.
- Community-Powered Email Vigilance: Our collaborative approach to software development gives our expert engineers access to tools and resources from far beyond our borders - resulting in superior protection for our clients.
Want to learn more about safeguarding your users and key business assets with Guardian Digital Engarde Cloud Email Security? Speak with a security expert today>>
Must Read Blog Posts
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- What You Need to Know to Shield Your Business from Ransomware
- Shortcomings of Endpoint Security in Securing Business Email
- Microsoft 365 Email Security Limitations You Should Know
- Complete Guide to Email Viruses & Best Practices to Avoid Infections
Latest Blog Articles
- Thinking Strategically about Email Security in 2021 and Beyond
- Open Source: A Powerful, Yet Underutilized Weapon against Phishing & Zero-Day Attacks
- Buyer's Guide: What to Prioritize in an Email Security Solution
- Buyer's Guide to Microsoft 365 & Workspace Email Security
- EnGarde Cloud Email Security: The Logical Solution to Cyber Risk in Microsoft 365
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Top Email Security Risks in 2021 - How To Set Your Business Up for Safety & Success
- Ransomware By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- SMB Ransomware Warnings & How To Prevent an Attack
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 Release Fixes Two Potentially Aggravating Bugs