Email Security FAQs Answered by Guardian Digital
- by Brittany Day
With email-related attacks becoming increasingly prevalent and serious, effectively securing your email accounts is more important than ever before.
With the myriad of email security solutions that are currently available, selecting the best option may seem a bit overwhelming. If you are in the process of choosing a company to protect your email accounts from the latest and most serious threats, Guardian Digital hopes to make this choice a bit simpler by answering some frequently asked questions pertaining to email security and email-related attacks.
Guardian Digital's Answers to Email Security FAQs
What components/characteristics should I look for when choosing an email security solution? How do these qualities make a solution effective at protecting against email-related threats?
A top-notch email security solution recognizes that the email threat landscape is anything but stagnant, and that email-related threats are constantly evolving to become more targeted and sophisticated, making them increasingly difficult to detect. An effective solution uses state-of-the-art technologies like machine learning, Big Data and heuristics techniques to identify both new and known threats. It is crucial to choose an email security provider that adheres to the latest security standards, which include implementing the highest level of encryption to protect sensitive information from unauthorized parties.
What are currently the most common and most serious email-related threats? How could these threats potentially affect my business?
Phishing, malware, ransomware, and spam email are some of today’s most serious and most prevalent email-related threats. Phishing attacks can result in significant financial damage, and can be very difficult to detect and stop. Spam is another serious threat that impacts all email users, and can result in a significant decrease in worker productivity. Malware and ransomware attacks can have catastrophic consequences for organizations. SMBs are the most popular targets for ransomware attacks and 60% shut down within 6 months of an attack. (US National Cyber Security Alliance)
What is a secure email gateway and what role does it play in securing email accounts?
A secure email gateway is essential in protecting your email accounts from today’s dangerous array of email-related attacks and preventing data loss due to leakage of sensitive information. The Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security uses multi-layered detection and encryption to filter both inbound and outbound email and to secure private information from attackers and unauthorized parties. Guardian Digital’s cloud-based solution also provides additional email filtration that results in the highly accurate identification, quarantine and elimination of spam.
What are the advantages of choosing Guardian Digital to secure my email accounts?
Guardian Digital uses a purpose-built operating system that is designed to be highly secure, unlike many companies that take a “bolted-on” approach to security. The comprehensive security that Guardian Digital provides is multi-tiered, and utilizes myriad state-of-the-art security technologies in conjunction to protect your email from even the stealthiest attacks. Guardian Digital also offers unrivaled customer support and will customize its EnGarde Cloud Email Security to meet businesses’ specific needs.
For more information on Guardian Digital and the services we offer, please visit www.guardiandigital.com
If you have additional questions related to email security or email-related threats, please reach out to us on social media!
Facebook: Guardian Digital
Must Read Blog Posts
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself In 2024
- What You Need to Know to Shield Your Business from Ransomware
- Shortcomings of Endpoint Security in Securing Business Email
- Microsoft 365 Email Security Limitations You Should Know
- Complete Guide to Email Viruses
- How Phishing Emails Bypass Microsoft 365 Default Security
Latest Blog Articles
- Understanding Spyware: Types, Risks, and its Effects on Devices
- Strategies for Safeguarding Online Privacy & Protecting Customer Data
- Trends for 2024: Mobile is the New Target
- Investing in Email Security: Reaping the Benefits & Navigating the Challenges
- How Can Information Assurance Help Secure Sensitive Data?
- The Cloud and Data Loss: How to Protect Your Organization's Critical Data
- Identity Verification in a Data Privacy-Conscious World: The Future of Digital Security
- A Student’s Perspective on Phishing Scams in Universities
- Integrating Best IAC Security Practices into Your Pipeline
- Are Employees the Weakest Link in Your Email Security Strategy?