Ransomware By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- by Brittany Day
As we continue to rapidly move toward an increasingly digital society, it is no secret that the dangers businesses and users face online have been drastically heightened due to remote workers’ increased reliance on cloud email, vulnerable cloud platforms and insecure behavior online. Ransomware is one of the most serious and persistent threats to all businesses - especially SMBs, who often face a shortage of cybersecurity resources and expertise.
But exactly how big is your ransomware risk? Let’s take a closer look at some key stats that will help answer this question.
2021 Ransomware Facts, Stats & Trends You Should Know
- 67% of ransomware infections in North America can be attributed to phishing.
- The average cost of ransomware-caused downtime is now $380,000 per incident.
- It’s estimated that a business will fall victim to a ransomware attack every 14 seconds.
- 85% of MSPs report ransomware as a common threat to SMBs.
- 29% of SMBs have experience with ransomware, making them more likely to be unprepared for the threat.
- 50% of security professionals do not believe their organization is prepared to repel a ransomware attack.
Ransomware prevention is far better than remediation. Ransomware victims face severe, lasting repercussions, unable to recover encrypted files, regain access to compromised systems and build back lost client trust. Luckily, the threat that ransomware poses to your businesses can be mitigated with proactive, multi-layered email security defenses and secure behavior online.
Want more insight into the ransomware risk your company faces? Want to better understand how you can protect against ransomware? Take a free 2-minute assessment survey to learn the magnitude of your email risk and get expert advice on how to reduce it. Assess My Email Risk Now>
Must Read Blog Posts
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- What You Need to Know to Shield Your Business from Ransomware
- Shortcomings of Endpoint Security in Securing Business Email
- Microsoft 365 Email Security Limitations You Should Know
- Complete Guide to Email Viruses & Best Practices to Avoid Infections
Latest Blog Articles
- Thinking Strategically about Email Security in 2021 and Beyond
- Open Source: A Powerful, Yet Underutilized Weapon against Phishing & Zero-Day Attacks
- Buyer's Guide: What to Prioritize in an Email Security Solution
- Buyer's Guide to Microsoft 365 & Workspace Email Security
- EnGarde Cloud Email Security: The Logical Solution to Cyber Risk in Microsoft 365
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Top Email Security Risks in 2021 - How To Set Your Business Up for Safety & Success
- Ransomware By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- SMB Ransomware Warnings & How To Prevent an Attack
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 Release Fixes Two Potentially Aggravating Bugs