How Can Email Filtering Services Enhance Email Security?
Spam emails and phishing email attacks carrying malware and ransomware have increased the necessity for vital, robust, dependable email filtering services. As these email threats evolve, companies need more efficient ways to stop spam emails and other types of email attacks.
Fortunately, Machine Learning (ML) devices have more knowledge to detect and quarantine emails that could be deemed suspicious and harmful to your server. Such adjustments can be beneficial when employees have other tasks they must focus on rather than the security of their online exchanges. This article will discuss the basics of email filtering, how these services find email threats, and what opportunity we offer to help you mitigate these email security risks.
What is Email Filtering and How Does It Secure Email?
Email filtering services scan through an organization’s email traffic and classify these messages into various categories, including spam, malware, viruses, and suspicious links.
Use an inbound email filtering service. To find fraudulent or malicious emails, you can use email security technologies and techniques like malicious URL filtering, dynamic file analysis, and heuristics. The filters will quarantine emails like these so end users only see the safe, legitimate messages in their inboxes. Outbound email filtering checks messages before they can reach the recipient and harm their party. Organizations deploy this cloud email security solution frequently to help fulfill their business requirements for online safety.
These security measures can serve your company by guaranteeing that users rarely interact with spam messages that could severely impact the company’s reputation, data, and overall capabilities.
Consider what your company needs to take care of so that you can choose an email filtering service that best suits your requirements. Email security solutions focusing on online and cloud email security are crucial for businesses that need flexibility and scalability in their enhanced security defenses. These services offer ongoing system management and support to keep email threats out of your inbox.
What Threats Does an Email Filtering Service Protect Against?
Email filtering services are excellent at keeping dangerous and disruptive email threats away from your business. These spam filters can block any of the following types of email attacks:
- Spam Emails: These unsolicited junk emails sent in bulk are notorious for the aggravation, distraction, and disruption they cause. If opened, these serious email security threats can contain malicious phishing email attacks and dangerous ransomware. Email security issues can lead to Business Email Compromise, significant downtime, reputational harm, and overall data loss.
- Email Viruses: These email messages with malicious code account for most computer viruses because users can activate them easily. Simply clicking on an email link, downloading an attachment, or interacting with the email in another way can result in an infected, compromised email address. This attack can steal sensitive information, destroy data, harm hardware, and force companies to unsuccessfully use time, resources, and energy to stop the email threat.
- Phishing Attacks: Threat actors send a malicious email that convinces a user to reveal financial information, sensitive data, and login credentials, unknowingly permitting hackers the ability to break into a system. Due to its believability and effectiveness, these leading email security threats account for over ninety percent of email attacks.
- Malware: This software disrupts and damages the safety of a system by gaining unauthorized access to a computer system to perform various harmful operations. This type of threat can encrypt and delete sensitive data, steal and alter central computing functions, and monitor user activity without their knowledge or permission. Ransomware, a more specialized type of malware, takes over a system and only promises to return controls to authorized users once they pay a large amount of money to the hacker.
- Zero-Day Attacks: These email threats occur when a cybercriminal exploits specific vulnerabilities in a system that developers have not patched. Zero-day attacks can be quite dangerous since the attacker can act immediately or at the right time in the future. These threat types can go unnoticed for an extended period but can be just as detrimental for businesses, if not more so.
- CEO Fraud: Also known as Business Email Compromise or whaling, this email scan targets a group in business by impersonating a C-level executive, such as a CEO, through compromised email addresses and false contact information to trick recipient employees into providing them access to financial information and sensitive data. This malicious type of phishing attack tricks users into acting quickly to share valuable data with higher-ups without ever knowing their actual identity.
What Options Do I Have for a Robust Email Filtering Service?
Email filtering services come in many forms, but to fortify your email infrastructure to the best of its ability so it can combat malicious email threats, you will want to have a powerful, multi-layered option. Guardian Digital offers such benefits through EnGarde Cloud Email Security. EnGarde eliminates malicious, unwanted emails from your networks by identifying and blocking all suspicious messages before they reach the recipient, keeping your users and business assets safe against any email threat.
EnGarde has a robust email filtering service available and can safeguard against the most advanced known email security threats. Guardian Digital leverages Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Open-Source Intelligence in its email security services to anticipate and block emerging email security issues in real time while updating security controls to prevent such attacks in the future.
Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security uses sophisticated, multi-layered detection engines to protect your organization from spam, phishing, viruses, malware, zero-day attacks, and other advanced threats. Here are the main benefits of using Guardian Digital’s Software-as-a-Service email filtering server for your online security:
- Eliminate spam, viruses, and malware with a false positive rate of less than 0.0001%.
- Protect against advanced spear phishing and zero-day attacks.
- Prevent data loss and fraud with end-to-end encryption and SPF, DKIM, or DMARC email authentication protocols.
- Use URL and file analysis software, as well as email sandboxing, to patch any vulnerabilities your system might have so you can guarantee malware protection.
- Keep fraudulent and malicious emails away from productive employees by ensuring that workers only receive legitimate messages.
- Reduce your IT department’s stress and bolster overall security with the fully supported, constant monitoring and maintenance offered through the service.
- Gain visibility within your organization’s email security infrastructure with the Dashboard administrative portal that helps you keep your system away from email threats.
Keep Learning About Email Filtering Services
As phishing email attacks and spam email threats continue to grow, it is critical that your business installs and utilizes a robust email filtering service to combat any issue you may encounter. Email filtering ensures a specific level of spam and phishing prevention by implementing email protection services that quarantine emails that could threaten your business's safety. Such capabilities are required when data loss, Business Email Compromise, and reputational harm are at risk.
Guardian Digital offers its EnGarde cloud email security software solution as an all-encompassing method for email filtering and guaranteeing email security throughout your system. Learn more about EnGarde here so that you know everything before installing this opportunity to protect against malicious messages in your email. Contact us and try a live demo to see the service for yourself and how it can be one of the best practices your business implements for robust email security.
- How Can Email Filtering Services Enhance Email Security?
- How to Protect Your Email Account from Being Hacked?
- What is A KeyLogger Attack? How Can I Detect One?
- How to Combat Spear Phishing Emails
- 6 Best Practices to Secure Your Open Source Projects
- Improve Your IT Security With These 7 Fundamental Methods
- How to Protect Your Email Account From Malware and Hackers
- Practical Cybersecurity Advice for Small Businesses
- Why You Should Use Email Encryption: 5 Major Benefits to Your Business’s Cybersecurity
- Top Cybersecurity Trends to Watch That Could Impact Your Business
- What Is Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security?
- FAQs: What is Malicious Code & What Can It Do?
- How to Properly Scan Your Windows Computer for Malware & Remove Malware from Your PC
- What Should I Do if I Accidentally Clicked on a Phishing Link?
- FAQs: What Are Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks?
- FAQs: Why Outsource Businesses Email Security?
- What Is Domain Spoofing?
- What Are Insider Threats & How Can You Reduce Your Risk?
- The Silent Assassins: How Impersonation Attacks Target CEOs via Email
- How Can I Choose the Right Email Security Service for My Organization?