Email Security for SMBs Beyond COVID-19
- by Brittany Day
Amid this COVID-19 pandemic, email risk is greater than ever - especially for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is warning that threat actors are taking advantage of the increased dependence upon cloud email that businesses have in midst of this worldwide crisis. According to DHS, cyber thieves are leveraging our heightened anxieties in today’s new digital world with “an increase in phishing attacks under the guise of themed emails containing attachments.”
Small businesses are at a significant disadvantage: they lack the resources and the staff to keep pace with these emerging threats, and email risk is heightened for these companies as a result. Financial institutions are being hit particularly hard, with half of all organizations in the industry lacking adequate IT staffing or funds to support cyber security efforts. Threat actors recognize these shortcomings, and are increasingly directing their attacks at SMBs in the financial sector. Thus, effective email security is more important than ever in this frightening pandemic - especially for these businesses.
Is It Worth the Risk?
The majority of email attacks don’t discriminate based on the size of your company, although threat actors are arguably shifting their focus to smaller victims. Statistics show that SMBs are the most popular target for ransomware, and small companies have a lot to lose in an email-borne attack. Modern threats such as phishing and ransomware carry serious consequences for their victims: significant downtime, recovery costs, legal penalties and ruined reputations, among others.
Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security: All-In-One Enterprise-Grade Email Protection for SMBs
Guardian Digital recognizes the heightened digital risk that small businesses face during this difficult time, and acknowledges that securing email accounts can be a challenge for small companies. For decades, we have been providing our clients - which range from small businesses to enterprises - with exceptional, affordable SaaS email protection from the latest email-borne threats. Our solution is centrally hosted and offers quick and easy implementation, simplified management and no upfront capital costs for businesses - freeing up valuable IT resources and delivering a rapid return on investment (ROI).
Unlike any other provider, we employ an innovative, collaborative approach to software development, which enables us to access tools and resources from a vibrant, worldwide community in a way that no other vendor can. Through this unique and beneficial approach, we are able to offer enterprise-grade protection to SMBs through our fully-integrated business email security platform: Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security.
While other email security companies promote frequent patches and updates in an effort to keep up with the rapidly evolving threat landscape, EnGarde automatically stays a step ahead of the latest threats - constantly updating in real-time as opposed to relying on patches.
At Guardian Digital, we view email security as a process, not a product. We build a relationship with each of our clients, taking ample time to learn about their key assets and specific needs. Our flexible, fully-managed solution seamlessly integrates with businesses’ existing email infrastructure and is accompanied by expert, caring around-the-clock support.
EnGarde uniquely provides your business with:
- Multi-layered Protection: Multiple security features and technologies intentionally added to an inherently secure foundation are more effective than any single piece of security software.
- Lower Cost of Ownership: Transparent source code keeps both start-up and ongoing costs down and minimizes the cost of ownership for clients.
- Rapid Return on Investment (ROI): This adaptive program offers quick and seamless implementation and easily integrates with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, providing critical additional protection in these vulnerable platforms.
- Community-Powered Email Vigilance: Our collaborative approach to software development gives our expert engineers access to tools and resources from far beyond our borders - resulting in superior protection for our clients.
Key features of our protection include:
- Keeps organizations of all sizes and in all industries ahead of persistent and emerging email threats
- Protects against phishing, ransomware and other email-borne exploits
- Safeguards sensitive data and prevents email fraud
- Fortifies cloud email against credential phishing and account takeovers
- Enhanced security through a modern, multi-layered design
- Seamless integration with all existing mail systems
- Complete end-to-end control of your email infrastructure
- Premium 24x7x365 customer support services
Want to learn more about safeguarding your business email in this heightened threat environment with Guardian Digital Engarde Cloud Email Security? Speak with a security expert today.
Must Read Blog Posts
- Demystifying Phishing Attacks: How to Protect Yourself Now
- What You Need to Know to Shield Your Business from Ransomware
- Shortcomings of Endpoint Security in Securing Business Email
- Microsoft 365 Email Security Limitations You Should Know
- Complete Guide to Email Viruses & Best Practices to Avoid Infections
Latest Blog Articles
- Thinking Strategically about Email Security in 2021 and Beyond
- Open Source: A Powerful, Yet Underutilized Weapon against Phishing & Zero-Day Attacks
- Buyer's Guide: What to Prioritize in an Email Security Solution
- Buyer's Guide to Microsoft 365 & Workspace Email Security
- EnGarde Cloud Email Security: The Logical Solution to Cyber Risk in Microsoft 365
- Exchange Servers Are Vulnerable - Learn How To Secure Your Email Server Now
- Top Email Security Risks in 2021 - How To Set Your Business Up for Safety & Success
- Ransomware By The Numbers: How Big Is My Risk?
- SMB Ransomware Warnings & How To Prevent an Attack
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 Release Fixes Two Potentially Aggravating Bugs