Guardian Digital Makes Microsoft O365 Emails Safe for Business
Sep 09, 2021 -- Midland Park, N.J. - Through the use of collaborative open-source development, expert ongoing system management and real-time cybersecurity business insights, Guardian Digital is uniquely able to close critical security gaps in native Microsoft 365 email security to safeguard users and sensitive data against credential phishing, account takeovers and other malicious cyberattacks that are rampant in the Microsoft 365 environment.
More information can be found on Guardian Digital’s Microsoft 365 Email Protection solution here: https://guardiandigital.com/microsoft-365-email-security
Microsoft 365 Email Is Vulnerable to Attack Without Critical Additional Layers of Protection in Place
Despite the built-in email security provided by Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP) in Microsoft 365, 85% of users have experienced an email data breach in the past year. While EOP is a great start, clearly more is needed to make Microsoft 365 email safe for business. Critical limitations of native Microsoft 365 email protection include:
- Native Microsoft 365 email security defenses are static, single-layered and unable to anticipate emerging attacks and zero-day exploits. Because EOP takes a retrospective approach to identifying phishing and malware attacks, it is unable to detect and block malicious URLs and attachments that are not included in its static lists, and fails to safeguard against human error.
- EOP does not offer the level of customization required to meet businesses’ varying security needs. This results in a limited ability to identify anomalous emails and social engineering attacks, leaving users and key business assets vulnerable to account takeovers and targeted spear phishing attacks that frequently result in credential theft and fraudulent wire transfers.
- The homogeneous architecture of Microsoft 365 makes it easier for attackers to bypass security defenses. Cyber criminals are able to open any account, test their methods until they are able to bypass default filters, and reuse these methods in attacks targeting thousands of different accounts.
- Microsoft 365 is complex to configure securely, and Microsoft fails to provide assistance with setup and the ongoing system monitoring, maintenance and support required to prevent misconfiguration vulnerabilities and keep Microsoft 365 customers secure.
Businesses are increasingly recognizing that by relying on native Microsoft 365 protection alone to secure their email, they are leaving their users, their data and and their hard-earned reputation at risk of compromise in a cyberattack or breach. In order to make Microsoft 365 email safe for business in this heightened digital threat environment, all organizations must invest in a comprehensive, proactive supplementary email security solution capable of anticipating and intercepting malicious attack attempts, safeguarding against human error and fortifying their Microsoft 365 email infrastructure as a whole against phishing, ransomware and other malicious attacks.
Intuitive, Fully-Supported Email Protection Suite Closes Microsoft 365 Security Gaps
Guardian Digital acknowledges that EOP provides a foundation for securing Microsoft 365 email against credential phishing, ransomware and other dangerous attacks, but by itself is insufficient in providing reliable defense against today’s highly targeted and rapidly evolving threats. Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security is engineered specifically to close the critical security gaps that exist in native Microsoft 365 email protection, fortifying cloud email with additional layers of proactive security, fully supported by the expert, ongoing system monitoring and maintenance required for rapid detection and elimination of potential threats.
Since 1999, Guardian Digital’s use of the transparent, collaborative open-source development model has enabled the company’s engineers to tap into resources and intelligence from a vibrant, global community. The input gathered through this unique, innovative approach enables EnGarde to anticipate and learn from emerging zero-day exploits and phishing attacks, while offering the high level of customization and real-time cybersecurity business insights needed to improve planning, decision making and the enforcement of company security policies.
Powered by a unique combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), the flexible, all-in-one security platform conducts a dynamic analysis of all URLs and attachments to protect against spear phishing, ransomware and other dangerous attacks that often leverage malicious files and links, and reliably detects the conversation-style anomalies that are characteristic of email account compromise (EAC) and business email compromise (BEC) scams.
Key benefits of Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security’s Microsoft 365 email protection include:
- Makes Microsoft 365 email safe for business by securing against advanced and emerging threats with intelligent, real-time protection powered by the same technology that powers the Internet itself
- Enhances IT security, maximizes productivity and simplifies deployment through assistance with setup and the expert ongoing system monitoring and maintenance required to ensure that key business assets remain secure
- Real-time cybersecurity business insights provided via the EnGarde Cloud Email Security Dashboard portal reduce risk exposure and foster improved cybersecurity business planning and better enforcement of company security policies
Guardian Digital CEO Dave Wreski concludes:
“With the rapid adoption of Microsoft 365 to accommodate remote workers, businesses face heightened risk of suffering an email-borne cyberattack daily. By relying on built-in email security defenses alone to fortify Microsoft 365 email against advanced and emerging threats, companies are leaving their critical data susceptible to compromise, and their hard-earned reputation on the line. By implementing layered, dynamic supplementary email protection that learns from and evolves with the attacks that challenge it, businesses can reap the benefits that Microsoft 365 offers without sacrificing security.”
Guardian Digital has developed a free Email Risk Assessment Toolkit to help businesses understand their Microsoft 365 email risk profile and how they can improve their email security strategy to prevent cyberattacks and breaches in less than two minutes - visit the tool here. The company encourages all businesses to take advantage of this valuable resource and provide feedback on their experience using the toolkit.
About Guardian Digital
Guardian Digital, Inc. builds enterprise email solutions with an intense focus on security and unrivaled customer support, designed to ease information technology overhead for its customers. Since its inception in 1999, Guardian Digital has pioneered the open-source architecture security-as-a-service email protection model to block today’s and tomorrow’s sophisticated threats to email integrity. Guardian Digital continues to innovate the email security marketplace using technology unavailable from any other vendor. Its EnGarde Cloud Email Security leverages the benefits of open-source development, contemporary cloud technologies, and decades of combined experience protecting enterprises. Guardian Digital is dedicated to its customers and their safety is the very foundation of what the company offers and builds on in regard to business email protection.
For email security blogs, tips, advices & articles visit: https://guardiandigital.com/resources/blog
Guardian Digital is a registered trademark or tradename of Guardian Digital, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Latest Press Releases
- Guardian Digital Offers Enhanced Security With Innovative Google Workspace Email Security Solutions For Businesses
- Guardian Digital Introduces Enhanced Exchange Email Protection Solutions
- Guardian Digital Offers Cloud Email Security Solutions
- Guardian Digital Announces Email Risk Protection Tool To Safeguarding Businesses Against Email Threats
- Guardian Digital Offers Integrated Protection Designed to Bolster Microsoft 365 Email Security Defenses
- Guardian Digital Introduces EnGarde Cloud Email Security, Ushering In A New Era Of Fully-Supported Email Protection
- Guardian Digital Offers Email Threat Protection With EnGarde Cloud Email Security
- Guardian Digital, Inc. Introduces EnGarde Cloud Email Security To Enhance Business Cybersecurity
- Guardian Digital Participates In Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Guardian Digital Simplifies Email Security Management For Businesses Short On IT Resources