Learn How To Spot Threats to Business Email
Email risk is big for all businesses, especially SMBs, and has only been heightened due to the pandemic. Malicious actors are exploiting businesses’ increased dependence on cloud email, lack of IT staffing and funding and rushed deployments of vulnerable cloud platforms like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace. Some of the most common and dangerous modern email threat are phishing, ransomware, and business email compromise (BEC). To avoid being a victim of one these costly cyberattacks:
Be cautious with links and attachments.
Beware of urgent requests and requests for personal information.
Approach unknown emails, websites or downloads with caution.
Protect corporate email accounts with two-factor authentication (2FA).
Critically important: Implement a proactive, multi-layered cloud email security solution.
Email-borne attacks are more problematic for businesses than ever, and SMBs are a favorite target among cyber criminals due to the fact that these organizations often lack adequate resources and expertise devoted to cybersecurity. Thus, knowing how to spot threats to business email and implementing an effective email security strategy is of heightened importance for these businesses.
Want to learn more about how to spot potential threats to your business email? Get in Touch >>
Sign Up and
Receive a Free
Cybersecurity Awareness Infographic at the End of the Month
- Avoid Phishing Emails
- Be Cautious of Spam Email
- Be Wary of Malicious URLs
- Protect Against Spoofing & Sender Fraud
- Protect the Privacy of Your Email with TLS
- Don’t Rely on Native Microsoft 365 Email Protection Alone
- Implement TLS to Keep Your Email Secure
- Endpoint Security Is Not Enough
- Conduct Regular Email Security Audits
- Configure Email Account Settings with Security in Mind
- Learn How To Spot Threats to Business Email
- Backup Your Data and Isolate Your Backups Offline
- Protect Business Email from Phishing Attacks
- Avoid Sending Sensitive Information Over Email
- Learn About Malicious Links
- Prevent Zero-Day Attacks
- Business Email Is for Business Only
- Learn How To Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Know Your Email Risk
- Safeguard Your Inbox from Malicious Mail
- Understand How Phishing Attacks Are Carried Out
- Know the Steps in a Spear Phishing Attack
- Familiarize Yourself with the Anatomy of a Whaling Attack
- Understand How Malware Attacks Work
- Learn the Steps in a Ransomware Attack
- Understand the Phases of a Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attack
- Know What Zero-Day Attack Is & How It Works
- Familiarize Yourself with the Phases of an Account Takeover (ATO) & Lateral Phishing Attack
- Learn the Steps in a Social Engineering Attack
- Understand the Types of Email Viruses to Be on the Lookout For