Learn the Steps in a Social Engineering Attack
Did you know manipulation of information and people into revealing confidential information accounts for 98% of all cyberattacks?
Social engineering attacks rely on human error and exploiting relationships as attackers know that building trust gets the job done.
To learn how social engineering attacks work and how to avoid them, Guardian Digital teaches you the anatomy of a social engineering attack.
Watch: Anatomy of a Social Engineering Attack
Anatomy of a Social Engineering Attack
Phase 1: Gather Information
Cybercriminals scour social media profiles, corporate websites, marketing databases and online archives to identify and research targets.
The more information cybercriminals find, the easier deception is as research helps select the context and attack methods to use in their scams.
Phase 2: Establish Trust
Through spear phishing emails and social media messages mimicking a known individual or brand, attackers establish trust with their targets.
Phase 3: Deliver Emails
Cybercriminals convince targets to share sensitive information without carefully assessing the legitimacy of the sender of the email.
Phase 4: Reap Rewards
Attackers receive and launder funds, or they extract valuable data from compromised accounts.
How Can I Secure Business Email Against Social Engineering Attacks?
Our email security solution finds and intercepts social engineering threats, mitigates risk and provides your organization with peace of mind.
Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security’s technology proactively learns and distributes defenses for specific threats targeting you.
Want to see EnGarde in action? Get a Live Demo>>
- Avoid Phishing Emails
- Be Cautious of Spam Email
- Be Wary of Malicious URLs
- Protect Against Spoofing & Sender Fraud
- Protect the Privacy of Your Email with TLS
- Don’t Rely on Native Microsoft 365 Email Protection Alone
- Implement TLS to Keep Your Email Secure
- Endpoint Security Is Not Enough
- Conduct Regular Email Security Audits
- Configure Email Account Settings with Security in Mind
- Learn How To Spot Threats to Business Email
- Backup Your Data and Isolate Your Backups Offline
- Protect Business Email from Phishing Attacks
- Avoid Sending Sensitive Information Over Email
- Learn About Malicious Links
- Prevent Zero-Day Attacks
- Business Email Is for Business Only
- Learn How To Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Know Your Email Risk
- Safeguard Your Inbox from Malicious Mail
- Understand How Phishing Attacks Are Carried Out
- Know the Steps in a Spear Phishing Attack
- Familiarize Yourself with the Anatomy of a Whaling Attack
- Understand How Malware Attacks Work
- Learn the Steps in a Ransomware Attack
- Understand the Phases of a Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attack
- Know What Zero-Day Attack Is & How It Works
- Familiarize Yourself with the Phases of an Account Takeover (ATO) & Lateral Phishing Attack
- Learn the Steps in a Social Engineering Attack
- Understand the Types of Email Viruses to Be on the Lookout For