Understand How Malware Attacks Work
Learn the anatomy of a malware attack so you can better protect yourself & your business.
Malware is dangerous as it's designed to harm a computer system, but do you know how malware is carried out?
Malware is a file or code that steals or blocks access to data or damages the computer system that has severe repercussions.
Businesses lose 50 days of productivity on average, so to help, Guardian Digital will educate you on the anatomy of a malware attack.
Watch: Anatomy of a Malware Attack
Anatomy of a Malware Attack
Phase 1: Entry
Ninety-two percent of malware is delivered by phishing emails that trick users into falling for a scam.
Attackers employ deceptive tactics to trick a victim into clicking on a malicious link or attachment in a phishing email.
Phase 2: Initial Compromise
Threat actors gain access to the target organization’s internal network through a compromised system or account.
Fileless malware does not use files as it runs in a computer’s RAM to exploit existing system applications to run malicious code.
Phase 3: Command & Control
Malicious actors establish persistent, remote access to the target environment that can go undetected for months.
Phase 4: Lateral Movement
With a connection established to the internal network, cybercriminals seek to compromise additional systems and accounts.
Phase 5: Exfiltration/ Corruption
Attackers reap the rewards by corrupting critical systems, stealing sensitive data and disrupting business operations.
In the case of ransomware, it blocks access to a victim’s computer system and demands for money in Bitcoin.
How Can I Secure Business Email Against Malware Attacks?
Our email security solution finds and intercepts malware threats, mitigates risk and provides your organization with peace of mind.
Guardian Digital EnGarde Cloud Email Security’s technology proactively learns and distributes defenses for specific threats targeting you.
Want to see EnGarde in action? Get a Live Demo>>
- Avoid Phishing Emails
- Be Cautious of Spam Email
- Be Wary of Malicious URLs
- Protect Against Spoofing & Sender Fraud
- Protect the Privacy of Your Email with TLS
- Don’t Rely on Native Microsoft 365 Email Protection Alone
- Implement TLS to Keep Your Email Secure
- Endpoint Security Is Not Enough
- Conduct Regular Email Security Audits
- Configure Email Account Settings with Security in Mind
- Learn How To Spot Threats to Business Email
- Backup Your Data and Isolate Your Backups Offline
- Protect Business Email from Phishing Attacks
- Avoid Sending Sensitive Information Over Email
- Learn About Malicious Links
- Prevent Zero-Day Attacks
- Business Email Is for Business Only
- Learn How To Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Know Your Email Risk
- Safeguard Your Inbox from Malicious Mail
- Understand How Phishing Attacks Are Carried Out
- Know the Steps in a Spear Phishing Attack
- Familiarize Yourself with the Anatomy of a Whaling Attack
- Understand How Malware Attacks Work
- Learn the Steps in a Ransomware Attack
- Understand How to Protect Your Company Against Business Email Compromise (BEC)
- Know What Zero-Day Attack Is & How It Works
- Familiarize Yourself with the Phases of an Account Takeover (ATO) & Lateral Phishing Attack
- Learn How to Recognize & Prevent Social Engineering Attacks
- Understand the Types of Email Viruses to Be on the Lookout For